Monday, December 12, 2011

Three half marathons, three months, three states?!

OMG! OMG! OMG!  Okay, I'm not normally a giddy school girl type of OMGer, but this is kinda warranted.  I just got this in my email today: 

Dear Tammy Bumgarner:

Congratulations! This e-mail serves as your confirmation into the Canyonlands Half Marathon on March 17, 2012.


Oh, wow.  Ever since we started running, we talked about running this half marathon.  It's through beautiful Castle Valley right outside of Moab, Utah.  Moab is a special place for Shane and me.  We've visited there nearly a dozen times on vacation.  We have dreamed of owning a retirement home there one day.  We thought running in this half marathon would be so awesome, but never really thought we would get a chance.  It's a very popular race, so there is a lottery to get in. 

Last week, I saw on Facebook that the deadline for entering the lottery was ending at midnight.  When I read the information, it said that we could register as a "group".  That way, if one of us got in, we both got it.  So, we registered and didn't think much more about it. 

Then we got the emails this morning.  Shane got his first and called me.  He asked me if we won the lottery.  Since the half marathon lottery was already out of my head, all sorts of thoughts entered my mind.  What is he talking about?  Is there extra money in our bank account?  I don't remember playing the lottery?

Then he brought me back to reality by asking if I received the email yet.  I checked my email and saw it.  I can't believe it!  We got in!

Well, this should be interesting.  I am already registered for the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati in May.  I was planning to do Springfield's Lincoln Presidential Half in April.  Now, the Canyonlands Half in March.  Three half marathons, three states, three months.  No problem, right? 

I'd better start training already!  That's just 12 weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment